Friday, April 1, 2011

Third Grade-March 31st Class

This week our class covered chapter 22, We Continue the Work of Jesus, in our text book.  The children learned that Jesus Brings God's life and love to all people.  They learned that Jesus shared his mission with his disciples, and asked his Apostles to carry it on.  Ways in which the Church works for Justice and peace were also discussed.  And the children learned that we, as disciples of Jesus, are called to live out the gospel just as Jesus did.

This weeks' Rosary Mystery was the Third Glorious Mystery, the Descent of the Holy Spirit.  The children listened to a bible story that explained this mystery.  I wonder if any of the students pointed out to Mrs. Stefanelli that the Pentecost is the birthday of the Catholic Church.

This week's homework is the Project Disciple portion of the chapter on pages 192 and 193.

I was not in class this week as I had a concert to attend for my older daughter.  Mrs. Stefanelli was kind enough to substitute for me.  Thank you, Mrs. Stefanelli.  I appreciate your help.

I hope all of you have a great week.  I will see you next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment